I decided to switch my hosting company to Kinsta in January or 2021, I'm extremely glad I did. Now truth be told, I still use A2 hosting for managing some of my smaller sites, but with WinWithFred.com, I wanted to have blazing fast loading times. That is the only reason I decided to spend a little more cabbage and give Kinsta a shot.
Kinsta Review – My Choice for High-Performance Managed WordPress Hosting
You may have a well-designed website filled with great content. Still, if your hosting is unreliable, you will never get optimal benefits. Hosting is an essential component of a website. It determines whether or not you will succeed in your online marketing.
Great hosting should offer an excellent uptime guarantee, reliability, have stellar customer service, incredible speeds, and give you a plethora of features that make running a site an easier task.
Unfortunately, many hosting companies are not reliable. However, there are several that have managed to walk their talk. Kinsta has been receiving some great accolades in the recent past. We decided to delve deep into research to see if the Kinsta reviews and testimonials are real and genuine.
This detailed Kinsta review will discuss some of this hosting solution's features and why we think it is a good or bad choice.
Buckle up for a long read.
Launched in 2013, Kinsta is a WordPress hosting company designed for people who prioritize performance. As opposed to taking the traditional route of having a cPanel through VPS hosting, shared hosting, and dedicated servers, Kinsta is hosted on the Google cloud platform.
With cloud hosting, you can scale your business as much as you want without worrying about traffic spikes.
Kinsta, being a relatively new player in an already saturated field of managed WordPress hosting market, is already making its mark. Kinsta has a wide array of features that solves the most common challenge among website owners- downtime caused by spikes in traffic, slow load times, and more.
As you already know, managed WordPress services are generally pricier than non-managed hosting solutions. This is why companies such as Kinsta have plenty of features as part of their plans, including daily backups, website staging, and much more.
In addition to these, the Kinsta platform offer uptime monitoring to notify you when your website is down, as well as DDoS attack detection, hardware firewalls, and malware scanning.
Daily backups are also taken to ensure you don't lose your web files if anything goes wrong, and Kinsta also offers a hack guarantee whereby they promise to fix your site in case it gets hacked.
There are many Kinsta features designed for WordPress users; let's discuss them in greater depth.
Kinsta has the Starter plan, Pro Plan, four Business plans, and two Enterprise plans. Here is a description of the plans offered;
· STARTER PLAN: This is offered at $30/month and is supposed to host one WordPress site with up to 25,000 visits per month. You get disk space of 10GB.
· PRO PLAN. This plan is offered at $60 per month and allows for the installation of two WordPress sites. Accommodates up to 50,000 visits, and you get 20GB of disk space.
· BUSINESS PLAN. This starts from $100/month and allows for installing three WordPress sites with not more than 100,000 visits a month. You get 30GB of disk space
· ENTERPRISE PLANS. This starts from $600/month and allows for the installation of up to 60 WordPress sites. Maximum visits are capped at 1,000,000 visitors, and you get 100GB of disk space
These hosting plans come with a free SSL certificate, website staging, and automatic daily backups. Kinsta gives you a choice of hosting your site in one of its 16 global locations.
Also, you can get discounted rates when you go with annual payments rather than monthly payments.
It is essential to mention that each plan has access to the same groundwork. This means that upgrading to a higher plan doesn't increase your site performance, as is the case with most other web hosts. By upgrading, you will get more WordPress installations, more storage allowances, and an increased number of web visitors.
When choosing a hosting company, one of the critical things you check is the uptime guarantee. You don't want to host your site in a company that has poor uptime.
Kinsta is within the range of what we can term as good uptime as it offers an uptime guarantee of 99.9%.
What's more? Kinsta checks your site uptime performance every 2 minutes, which means they do so approximately 720 times in a day. In case of any downtimes, you will be notified of the same.
This is quite remarkable, and it shows Kinsta value their customers, and are willing to solve any downtimes with promptness.
Kinsta scans your website for malware and prevents attacks using their solid hardware firewalls and software-based restrictions. In case your website gets hacked, the Kinsta team is always ready to help so that your website can get back online as fast as possible.
Page Load Speeds
Today, many web pages weigh between 2mbs and 20mbs due to being media-rich (images and videos). This puts a lot of stress on many WordPress hosting companies, especially in terms of speed.
And with the online audience being impatient, you don't want to deal with a hosting company that makes your pages lag.
Fortunately, Kinsta cloud-based hosting can provide enough resources to all websites they have hosted. Making sites load faster, no matter how heavy they are. Allowing you to host your website in a location of your choice, possibly closer to where your target audience is, also improves site speed.
The scalable nature of the Google Cloud Platform ensures that your site can access the resources it needs to accommodate your visitors. And in case it goes viral, the automated scaling ensures it can handle any spikes in traffic.
There are many tools you can use today to test page speed, including Google PageSpeed Insights, KeyCDN, and GTMetrix, among others.
Automates WordPress Website Backups
As aforementioned, Kinsta carries our routine automated daily backups of all its sites. This is a standard feature for all the plans.
Automatic backups are available for 14 days on the entry-level plans, with the backup time being extended on higher plans.
If you need to restore backups, you can do so with ease, either by arraying them on a test environment or to your live site.
In addition to daily backups, you can also pay a monthly fee to increase backup rates (hourly backups or six-hour backup).
You can also manually create web backups with just a few clicks, whenever you want. Kinsta also gives you an option to download these backups.
Kinsta's support team is available 24/7, and you can get to them via chat and email. There is also a live chat tool accessible on their website. Kinsta also stores chat history that you can access whenever you want to reference something.
The support team consists of web designers and developers who have extensive knowledge in using WordPress and Linux. Many of them have created WordPress themes and plugins, which means you will be getting professional help from them.
You can chat with support staff from anywhere on their website, thanks to the chat button that follows you on the bottom right corner of the screen. Their response time is great-; you will get a reply a few minutes after contacting them.
Moreover, you will find a rich knowledge base with information on essential features of the platform and how to handle common issues that Kinsta users experience.
Kinsta has a staging environment that allows one to create a development site with just a click to test plugins, themes, and updates. You don't have to interfere with your live site when testing your plugins.
Once you are done testing, you can deploy the live website changes with just a click. It doesn't get any better than this.
It is essential to mention that automated caching is disabled in the staging environment. Still, you can enable it if you want.
- · They have a firewall that secures your site
- · They utilize the latest software versions on all their services
- · All customer data are encrypted
- · Kinsta only allows SSH/SFTP connections
- · Kinsta has authenticator-based 2FA to prevent a breach of passwords. This means you can use a password manager like 1Password or even Google Authenticator. There is also an activity log that keeps a record of people who accessed the dashboard
Of course, no site is 100% safe, but at least you can rest assured that Kinsta has taken all the necessary measures to keep your passwords and site secure.
To help you manage your website and hosting account with ease, Kinsta gives you a customized hosting dashboard they call MyKinsta. This is a very user-friendly dashboard, thanks to its logical layout and clean design.
The main dashboard tab shows an overview of your sites and a summary of how you have used your resources. You also get notifications on this dashboard.
There is a Sites Tab on your dashboard, where you get to see several tabs that have all the tools and information you need to manage your website.
Here is what you will find in the Sites Tab;
· Info- necessary information such as your IP, database access, SSH information, and FTP credentials
· Backups. Here you get automatic backups and options to restore the backups
· Redirect tool to help you set up redirects
· IP deny blocking specific IP addresses
· Domains showing you the primary domain of your site as well as associated domains
· Logs where you can view cache, error, and access logs
Technical Features of Kinsta
· website caching optimized for popular plugins. This mostly favors people running eCom sites. Kinsta has caching rules to help with WooCommerce and other popular plugins, whereby it only cache static pages while excluding account and checkout pages
· Custom CDN. To help improve web speed for visitors and reliability, Kinsta gives you access to KeyCDN. Entry-level Kinsta plan gets 50GB of KeyCDN usage per month, but this increases on the higher plans
· SSL; Kinsta gives you a free SSL certificate, but you can install your own
· Email service. Kinsta doesn't offer any email hosting services on all their plans.
· Staging sites. All plans allow for website staging, and you can deploy the changes to the live site with just a click
· Analytics. You get to see reports on your web traffic on your Kinsta dashboard
· WordPress website migration. This feature is available on all Kinsta's hosting plans
· Security features. Kinsta has many security measures in place, including GeoIP blocking, self-healing PHP, DDoS scanning, and GCP firewall. They also conduct routine malware checks to stop malicious codes from finding their way into the Kinsta network
Kinsta Pros and Cons
· Kinsta offers top-tier performance. They are one of the fastest WordPress posts thanks to their well-optimized architecture
· Their MyKinsta dashboard is user-friendly and has plenty of useful tools
· Kinsta offers helpful 24/7
· All their plans are backed by a 30-day money-back guarantee as well as free migrations
– Kinsta is still pricier than most hosts, especially for beginners looking for a cheap shared hosting
– Kinsta doesn't offer email hosting
– There is no phone support
– They do block some plugins, especially those that overrule their functionality
Kinsta has quickly established itself in the market as a great managed hosting company for WordPress websites. They offer plenty of features to WordPress users, such as website staging, fast performance, website cloning, daily backups, and much more.
One thing that stands out when it comes to Kinsta is its excellent performance. If you are looking for a hosting company that will make your WordPress site load fast, then Kinsta might be your ideal choice.
So, do I recommend Kinsta?
Yes. Kinsta is one of the best-managed WordPress hosting companies. For those using shared hosting and would like to upgrade to a hosting company that accommodates high traffic spikes and is reliable, Kinsta is a great option.
Suppose you have an eCommerce store or a website that receives heavy traffic. In that case, Kinsta will suit you more thanks to the robustness in withstanding traffic spikes and the protection it offers to keep your site safe from hacking.
Comment below if you have any questions or comments.
Check out Some other Marketing Tools and Resources I Use to Run My Online Business here